Wednesday 7 September 2016

August Wrap Up

So August ending up being a Netflix month for me so my reading took a big step back. But it's fine because I got through Stranger Things (which has lead me to some more books to read I might add...) and Bates Motel and AHS- freakshow and asylum and I am now watching Freaks and Geeks. Because Whilst I love reading and becoming a much bigger and better reader- TV and Movie are always my first love and I my gawd have I been neglecting them!

So I only managed to squeeze in two books and one audio

Of course my audio is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I've been spending the few few months listening to Harry Potter on audible and I'm absolutely loving them. I can't recommend them on audio enough. I love doing the washing up now because  I will have Harry Potter on! Although if I have to listen to the line 'his lip curled...' one more time, I might drown my face in the washing up bowl but aside from that, marvellous.

I read A Child  Called It this month- my thoughts on that book are here

And I also read We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. I really enjoyed this book. This was one of th books that was on a recommended list after watching Stranger Things and I'm so glad I found this book and I intend on reading so much more by this author. I have a review coming up for this on sunday which I will link here so come back and check that out!


1 comment:

  1. We have always lived in a castle sounds really good! I LOVED stranger things so I bet I'd love that book! Well done on your august reads :D xx

    ReplyDelete